Monday, October 31, 2016

HGTV's STROLLING THE BLOCK QUILT

STROLLING THE BLOCK QUILT


In 2002, HGTV had an applique quilt block a month project which featured houses for each month of the year decorated to reflect the month's general happenings.  I just now finished it! It was a lot of fun choosing fabrics from my stash. The applique was ironed on, then blanket stitched around each piece. The first two months I had done the blanket stitching by hand in 2002, but when I picked it back up again a couple of years ago, I just used my machine blanket stitching

You may be able to download the pattern at the website in bold below (which I got to from here - http://groupbox.com/ViewTopic.aspx?&iTopicID=ds1+MZIzqmI-&iGroupID=6lcZL19AC9o-). When I downloaded it, not all pictures would download, so I just followed the written instructions and guessed on how some things should look.

http://web.archive.org/web/20031204163301/http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_lnb_gutter/text/0,1783,HGTV_3938_4907,00.html#


This is only the third quilt I have ever done, and I tried my hand at free motion quilting, which was not as hard as I anticipated. The outside border is where I did most of that making a flower and leaves quilting. The instructions suggested using a variegated thread which I did.

Using the walking foot and monofilament thread, I quilted in the ditch and around the appliques.

I only did other quilting where there was more than 2" spacing between seams, so in the skies mainly.







 













1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Connie on completing your Strolling the Block quilt! It still warms my heart to know folks are still passionate about this design and selecting this project as one of their own. You did a spectacular job! Keep creating and keeping quilting. Fondly -jan

    ReplyDelete