Friday, November 30, 2012

Repurpose Fabric from Salvation Army

Hurray for Fridays and Saturdays at my Salvation Army store!  Today, Friday, they had 5 items of clothing for $5.00 of purple tagged ones, which is this week's 50% off color. They have 5-6 tag colors which allows them to keep a piece of clothing about 6 weeks before sending to another store or whatever they do. And on Saturday, they reduce that color to $.49, and no minimum. Lately, I've been drawn to prints, thinking I could piece similar colors together for some project. I usually get natural fabrics; cotton, linen, wool, silk. Top of the pile is an orange silk top and skirt. Second from the top is a cotton panel print dress; love finding borders, too. Then a denim sheath dress with embroidered flowers, a linen skirt, 4 pairs of pants or skorts, and a long cotton dress.

One great find, I hope, is a long sleeveless linen dress from J Jill with the original $99.00 tag still attached. I will try to sell it on ebay in the spring, but if not, there is a lot of linen fabric to use for $1.00.

Who doesn't like to save money? Cottons in the fabric store run $4-10 a yard. My girlfriend makes fun of me, driving up to a goodwill store in my Mercedes. Or going on senior citizen day to get the senior discount. Hey, maybe that is WHY I can afford a Mercedes...ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment